Sunday, February 19, 2012

You know Me better than Me.

It's funny how sometimes someone else knows you way better than you know yourself. I've been lucky enough to walk through life with one of my best friends now for almost 14 years. And I honestly believe sometimes she knows what's going on with me better than I do. Maybe that's because we've been through a lot together. She keeps me grounded. She keeps me humble. She knows how to make me laugh harder than almost anyone else I know. She's smart. She's funny. She's beautiful inside and out. She's not afraid to act absolutely stupid with me most of the time.

But I think the thing I love most about her is that she's real with me. She's never afraid to tell me the truth. Whether it's good or bad, easy or hard, makes me happy or sad...

And for that I'm so thankful. She sent me this yesterday, and it was something that I really needed to hear and be reminded of:

"So be determined. Don't settle for way less than what Jesus suffered and died to give you. Be honest about your relationships and be hopeful about change. You can do both, because in Jesus Christ you really do have everything you need to live in peace with God and the people he has placed in your life."-Paul Tripp

Delaney, thanks for being my best friend for so long. Thanks for pouring Christ into my life even when I make it difficult. Thanks for always being real with me. Thanks for being YOU. I'm grateful for your heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment